Ga naar inhoud

Winter Photography Might Be Just What the Doctor Ordered

Joachim

• Administrators
photography

I mentioned in a previous column my desire to embrace winter this year. As I’m writing this, it has been unseasonably warm here in the Northeast. Warmer temperatures help tremendously with my sarcoidosis symptoms, and for this, I am grateful.

But I know the winter elements are still coming. So, along with my winter-themed book and movie list, I thought engaging in some winter photography might be a good way to mark the season.

Like most people, I have a cellphone that produces nice, clear pictures. I also have a Canon camera from my days as a newspaper reporter. The Canon allows me to take the typical landscape shots. It also enables me to capture action shots and close-ups, even from a distance. Luckily, it is fairly easy to use and produces great images, even for an amateur like me.

As I dig through my photo albums in both digital and print, I recognize that some of the best winter pictures I have captured to date focus on nature. A few were taken after a snowfall.

Sometimes the likeness depicts a dusting of snow. Other times, the photo was captured after a storm that left a healthy accumulation of snow. In either case, the snow definitely adds a nice element to the images.

IMG_5972-280x300.jpgFootprints in the snow. (Photo by Kate Spencer)

Animals is another theme that emerges in my pictures. My collection includes many photos of our dogs. Additionally, a few likenesses of rabbits, birds, and even bird tracks appear.

I have missed some great moments, like when a bright red fox ran across the road. A cardinal that frequents our backyard apparently is camera-shy and difficult to photograph. I’ll continue to try to capture him, though, and perhaps one day I’ll be successful.

Like other forms of creative art, photography is therapeutic and helps to inspire the imagination. Even when my sarcoidosis symptoms are acting up, I can usually still engage in photography.

As I look through my albums, I recognize that some pictures are more memorable than others. However, while I’m engaged in photography, I know that I’m not thinking about my symptoms. For me, that is really the greatest image of all.

IMAG0311-300x215.jpgPlay time! (Photo by Kate Spencer)

Note: Sarcoidosis News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The opinions expressed in this column are not those of Sarcoidosis News or its parent company, BioNews Services, and are intended to spark discussion about issues pertaining to sarcoidosis.

The post Winter Photography Might Be Just What the Doctor Ordered appeared first on Sarcoidosis News.

Link naar het originele artikel

Maak een account aan of login om te reageren

Je moet forum lid zijn om te kunnen reageren

Maak een account aan

Maak een account aan voor het forum. Het is niet moeilijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Als u al een account heeft? log hier in

Log nu in
  • Maak Nieuw...

Belangrijke Informatie

Wij willen cookies op uw apparaat plaatsen, welke ervoor zorgen dat dit forum beter functioneert. U kunt uw cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders gaan wij ervan uit dat u ermee instemt om door te gaan.