Ga naar inhoud

Good Intentions Gone Awry with Sarcoidosis

Joachim

• Administrators
good intentions

I began the year with good intentions. I simply wanted to invite more fun and less stress into my life.

The first sign that my intentions for 2020 were going awry occurred on a work-related road trip with my husband. I awoke the first morning away with a pounding headache, an excruciating sore throat, and a fever. This felt like the start of a setback similar to the one I experienced in the fall. Fortunately, I didn’t have a cough.

Despite my well-planned packing, I didn’t have anything to relieve my sore throat. I took a few pain relievers and spent most of the day attempting to get some sleep.

Sleep finally came to me after dinner that night. We decided to leave the next morning, a few days early, because of how horrible I was feeling. It was disappointing, to say the least. It felt as though my health had won, once again.

I slept for several days upon our return home. Whatever I came down with really knocked me out. In addition, it aggravated my sarcoidosis symptoms, especially the pain and fatigue.

Luckily, the snowstorm that hit our area a few days later didn’t leave much of an accumulation of snow. It was light, powdery, and cleaned up easily enough. I thought the snowfall looked pretty and planned to take some pictures the following day as I was beginning to feel better.

However, the next morning we awoke to a vehicle collision in the alley adjacent to our house in our sleepy little town. During this unfortunate mishap a car crashed into the side of our home. Evidently, my good intentions weren’t the only things going amiss.

My photography plans were out the window as we called police, insurance inspectors, and contractors to survey the damage. I was feeling baffled by the confusion.

By the next day, I was in bed with a migraine headache until midafternoon. I mentioned in a recent column how living with a rare health condition has made me strong. But suddenly, I was feeling helpless.

I try not to complain about the hand I’ve been dealt in life as it pertains to my health. At the same time, I recognize that stress aggravates my immune system. Yet, though I try to avoid stress, it always seems to find me. It is a lose-lose situation for someone with a chronic health condition.

Taking a step back, I’m thankful no one was injured in the accident. Although we’re still waiting to hear the extent of the damage to our home, we’re optimistic it can be repaired. Additionally, I am on the mend from my health setback.

I could have used some fun to come knocking at my front door that morning. Here’s hoping there’s some in store this month, as I attempt to get back on track with my good intentions for 2020.

Note: Sarcoidosis News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The opinions expressed in this column are not those of Sarcoidosis News or its parent company, BioNews Services, and are intended to spark discussion about issues pertaining to sarcoidosis.

The post Good Intentions Gone Awry with Sarcoidosis appeared first on Sarcoidosis News.

Link naar het originele artikel

Maak een account aan of login om te reageren

Je moet forum lid zijn om te kunnen reageren

Maak een account aan

Maak een account aan voor het forum. Het is niet moeilijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Als u al een account heeft? log hier in

Log nu in
  • Maak Nieuw...

Belangrijke Informatie

Wij willen cookies op uw apparaat plaatsen, welke ervoor zorgen dat dit forum beter functioneert. U kunt uw cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders gaan wij ervan uit dat u ermee instemt om door te gaan.